The Elizabeth Blackwell Society seeks to inspire, empower, and connect women in medicine. EBS is a student run group dedicated to highlighting the accomplishments of women in medicine, providing tools and support for women to address the unique challenges they face in medicine, and fostering relationships between faculty and students.
We seek to:
- Be inclusive to all.
- Promote the academic, personal, and professional growth of women in medicine.
- Establish a cohesive, supportive network of women at Penn Medicine (and all other Penn Healthcare institutions) by facilitating camaraderie between women in all stages of their healthcare career in both structured and informal settings.
- Develop women as professional leaders by sponsoring workshops and seminars on professional development and leadership.
- Promote women as leaders of community outreach by organizing community service projects that promote women’s health.
- Collaborate with men and people of all gender identities in accomplishing these goals.